Who are we and what do we do?
Lockstones LTD. (“we”, “us”, “our” as stated in any communication) is a limited company specialising in the sales, marketing and rental of properties, land and other related services. We are registered in England and Wales with company number 7442044 and VAT reg. Number 110898416 registered at the following address: 52, High Street Malmesbury, Wiltshire, SN16 9AT.
What type of information will we collect from you?
- Full name and contact details (including such particulars as your contact number/s, emergency contact details, email/s and postal address).
- Such information relating to your identity where we are required by law to collect this, consisting of proof such as photographic ID, proof of address and which may also include special category personal data, your biometric identity and/or immigration documentation (if applicable).
- Information on any close connections you may have where we are required to conduct conflicts of interests under the required regulatory obligations.
- Your banking details where required – example being if you are letting a property or, where renting, to set up an approved tenancy deposit account for you and arrange for rental payments for said property.
- Information on any personal requirements you have which we will require to know to enable us to find suitable properties for you. This could consist of special category personal data comprising details of any disability or other health information about you.
- Details about your areas of interest and where you may or may not like to live. This information will assist us to send you marketing information about similar products and services.
- Information providing evidence of proof of funds for the purchase of properties as required under anti money laundering regulations.
- Other technical information, including what devices you use to connect with us, device location data where this function is not disabled by you, the I.P. address used to connect your device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Your communications with us, including a record of communication such as emails and/or telephone correspondence.
There are times where we need to collect personal data, governed by law (for example to meet our obligations in the prevention of fraud and money laundering) or under the terms of an agreed contract we have with you. Failure to provide that data when requested will mean we may not be able to perform said contract we are looking to enter into with you. In this instance, we have the right to cancel a contract, product or service you have with us – We will notify you if this is the case at that time.
Session data and IP addresses
The site then ’knows’ that you have been there before, and in some cases, can tailor what pops up on screen to take account of that fact. An example of this is it can be helpful to vary content according to whether this is your first ever visit to a particular site or after many return visits.
Some cookies are more sophisticated and may record how long you spend on each page on a site, if you click on any links and more. They can also be used to store data on what is in your ‘shopping cart’ for example, so it may then learn the type of products you like looking at.
Generally the role of cookies is beneficial, making your interaction with frequently-visited sites smoother.
We use a number of different cookies on our site. If you would like a more detailed explanation of what cookies are and what they do, please visit AboutCookies.org .
If you are not happy with the usage of cookies, then we have listed some options:
You should delete Lockstones LTD cookies having visited the site;
You should browse the site using your browser’s ‘anonymous’ setting (called “InPrivate” for Internet Explorer and “Incognito” in Chrome, for example);
You should not use the site.
Your name, address and other information
When you register with us we need to know your personal information such as the above details. This is necessary to provide the services that we offer to you. Lockstones will not share any information that you provide us outside of our contract with you. Your email address will be used for the purposes of your contract with us, such as providing you with information. We may also use your email to provide you with information such as new services, improvements to our services and other information that will assist and improve your experience with us. Your information is kept until such a time your account with us is deleted. Your name may be kept with any billing information we have, if specified by law.
What are we going to do with your information?
We will hold and use personal information about you in the following ways:
- In order to fulfil our obligations to you when providing you with any of our services.
- To comply with obligations we are lawfully required to carry out, including verifying your identity, in the prevention of fraud and money laundering and to assess your credit worthiness (Such as when renting a property with us).
- To be able to communicate with you during the course of providing our services to you an example of this is when we need to contact you with enquiries and offers during the sales process.
- For in-house purposes so we may analyse figures to help us manage and improve our business and offer an even better service for our customers.
- To inform you with information about particular goods or services we feel may be of interest you, where you have provided permission for us to do so. For existing customers, we may choose to contact you by electronic means (such as e-mail) with information about our own goods and services that are similar to those which you have already obtained or looked to obtain from us. You can unsubscribe at any time from any marketing information.
How long will we keep your data?
We keep your data for different periods of time – this will depend on which service you have taken with us. The law states we are legally required to hold some data for longer time periods in case we are required to retain it in the event of a complaint or in some legal claims.
In what circumstances can we share your data?
There are some circumstances where we share your data. To ensure we can offer the very best service for you in all aspects of our business we work with third party companies (Such as photographers). We will only pass on your information (Such as contact information for our photographer to come to your property) if you have given us consent to do so. Your details will be required to pass onto solicitors when for example we agree a sale on your property.
We may have to share your data to comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligation, such as in fraud protection. We may also share your information in the event of the business being sold to a third party – your information in this case would be classed as an asset and ownership transferred accordingly.
How you can access, update or request deletion of your information
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. This is known as a data subject access request. You also have the right to update your information with us if any changes or mistakes are made. You are also able to ask us to delete or remove personal data if there is no good reasons for us to continue with it, such as if you decide to cancel any dealings with us. Please note there are circumstances where even after you request, we may not be able to delete your data (Such as when complying with local law). You can also ask us to restrict our use of your information, such as removal of your information for marketing purposes. These requests can be sent either via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post: David Rogers, Lockstones, 52 High Street, Malmesbury, SN16 9AT
Complaints about us handling your data
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us. We will then carry out a full and in-depth investigation. You may do this by emailing David@lockstones.co.uk or in writing to David Rogers, Lockstones, 52 High Street, Malmesbury, Wiltshire, SN16 0AT. If, after we have investigated this you are not satisfied with our outcome or believe we are not acting within the law with regards to your information you can complain to the UK data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further details can be found at www.ico.org.uk or by calling 0303 123 1113.
Updated 18 May 2018